Bringing an innovative approach to the delivery of apprenticeships
Our aim is to become the provider of choice across East Sussex,
and the wider region, for apprenticeships and a range of other skills training
We are here to listen, support, as well as advise and ultimately help you grow your business.
We do this by:
- Offering free organisational needs analysis in order to help your business flourish.
- Identifying appropriate training for existing staff including short legislative,
management and IT training, Apprenticeships and other professional qualifications.
- Advising you on available funding and grants.
- Supporting you in recruiting an apprentice including advertising your vacancy and shortlisting candidates.
- Giving you access to our wide reaching and free job shop site to advertise any of your vacancies:
whether they are part-time, full-time, apprenticeships or voluntary opportunities.
- Offering you a platform for feedback on qualifications relevant to your sector and ultimately
influence our curriculum.
We Help Employers
Hiring an apprentice is an effective way to increase workplace productivity and improve the performance of your workforce.
Apprentices prove to be a valuable resource for employers looking to fill a specific skills gaps.
As apprenticeships are changing, the focus can also be on the development of existing staff . We can provide targeted training
to improve productivity, employee retention, and ensure that you continue to develop your own talent.
As an employer, you will benefit from motivated staff who are eager to learn and develop. Here are just a few of the advantages
to recruiting an apprentice and for training your workforce:
• 80% of employers say apprentices lead to increased productivity in the workplace.
• 96% of employers that take on an apprentice report benefits to their business.
• 72% of business also report improved productivity as a result of employing an apprentice.
• The government funds 16- 18-year-old apprenticeship training, meaning the employer only needs to pay their salary.
• In terms of the return on investment linked to Apprenticeships, 41% say that their apprentices make a valuable contribution to the business during their training period, while further third (33%) reported that an apprentice added value within their first few weeks.
• 57% report a high proportion of their apprentices are going into management positions within their companies.
*(Data compiled by the National Apprenticeship Service)
Start an Apprenticeship
Apprenticeships are becoming more and more popular among school leavers as an alternative to University. As an apprentice
you can ‘earn as you learn’, developing skills that have broad, long-term benefits for your future employment.
An apprenticeship helps you to gain a solid foundation from which to build a successful future career in pretty much any industry you like.
Sussex Skills Solutions offers a huge range of apprenticeship opportunities, spanning different work environments and roles. This month we have a wide range of employers looking to recruit an apprentice. Whether it is a Business Administration position, working within a hospitality setting, an IT role, or a placement in Social Care; we have numerous live vacancies available now! Check out our poster for details on every vacancy currently available.